<BackComposition of the IT development team7/6/2023
We have come close to the development process. We have a concept, technical specification, design, the architecture of the product is designed. Before proceeding to the consideration of the process of writing code, I want to touch on the topic of the composition of the development team.
I will skip the top-level positions, we are only interested in those who are working hard on creating an IT solution.
1. Project Manager (PM). This is a key member of the development team. He plans and coordinates the project. PM is the link between the customer and the contractor. Its key task is to efficiently manage the resources, deadlines and budgets of the project.
2. Technical leader (techlid). "Yoda" in terms of development issues. He defines the technological requirements and manages the selection of tools, platforms for development, manages the team. In small companies, a techlid can also perform the function of a senior developer.
3. Analyst. He collects and analyzes customer requirements, works closely with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and goals. The analyst provides valuable ideas and concepts that help the development team to create a product that meets the requirements of users. It also helps to identify key functionality and manages the process of collecting and prioritizing requirements.
4. UI/UX Designer. UI/UX designer is responsible for creating a user-friendly and attractive user interface. He works with analysts and developers to translate customer requirements into an intuitive interface. The main task of the designer is to develop prototypes, layouts and visual elements that will provide the user with an unforgettable experience.
5. Developers. Writes code, does tests (if there is no tester), documents the code. Developers have a division by experience — junior, middle, senior (green, experienced, "Yoda"). And there is also a division in the direction: frontend, backend, fullstack.
6. Testers. They are responsible for ensuring the quality of the software. They develop and execute test scenarios, detect and track bugs, analyze test results, and work with developers to fix problems. Testers may include specialists in automated testing, security testing, and so on.
7. DevOps/DevSecOps specialists. These are team members who own the DevOps (Development and Operations) methodology or, more broadly, DevSecOps (Development, Security and Operations). They are responsible for creating an efficient and secure development, testing, production deployment and support process. We will return to these specialists in the next publication. In some cases, this function is taken over by team leaders or developers.
The composition of the team that I described came out — a close to ideal case, but is not a strict requirement. You need to start from the context, if this is a startup or a start-up IT company, then some roles can be combined.
About graphs, simply.12/18/2022
In this article, we will begin our acquaintance with graphs, get acquainted with the breadth-first search algorithm (BFS) and implement the graph in the Rust programming language.
What is the difference between outsourcing development and outstaffing an IT employee for development?10/17/2022
In this article we will understand what outsourcing and outstaff development are.
UI/UX design: The creation process4/9/2023
In this article we will talk about the main steps in the process of creating UI/UX design.
UI/UX design: Introduction3/29/2023
In this article, we begin to get acquainted with UI / UX design. This is the most important stage in the development of any visual application interface.
Agile, Six Sigma and No Principle9/14/2023
In the last article, we started diving into the development process. The first stage of this process is planning. At this stage, the project manager, together with other team members, forms a pool of tasks in accordance with some kind of project management methodology.
Meet the Pentest8/22/2022
We are beginning to consider one of the main methods of assessing the security of computer systems and networks for potential vulnerabilities - penetration testing
Reducing the implementation period of MVP12/8/2022
Let's figure out the timing of the implementation of the MVP.
Choosing a programming language3/17/2023
In this article we will talk about choosing a programming language to study
Testing an MVP concept1/9/2023
We will figure out how not to waste the budget on MVP development in vain
Application Architecture Design: Introduction3/6/2023
In this article, we will talk about the process of creating the architecture of an IT solution.
The terms of references: Structure2/17/2023
In this publication we will consider the universal structure of ToR
Incorrect estimation of the cost of IT contractor services9/10/2022
Today we will talk about the incorrect assessment of the cost of developing IT solutions. This pain is one of the main ones for enterprises and startups, including IT contractors themselves.
Introduction to Design Patterns in Software Development10/3/2022
In this article, we will begin to dive into the world of optimizing application architecture using design patterns.
Choosing the direction of development for programming training2/5/2023
In this article, you will find out what areas of IT development there are, how they differ and in which they pay more
OSI Model Levels9/6/2022
In this article, we will take a closer look at each of the levels of the OSI model
Main types of application architecture3/7/2023
In this publication, we will look at what application architectures are
10 ways to use Rust Cargo2/11/2023
In this short article I have collected 10 ways to use the build system and package manager of the Rust programming language
Documenting code in the Rust programming language8/24/2022
In this article, we will look at how documentation takes place in Rust and consider a very useful opportunity - writing tests through documentation.
Introduction to the OSI model8/19/2022
In this article we begin to consider the fundamental model of network interaction - OSI
CSS animation ripple8/31/2022
A simple example of how to implement ripple animation using HTML and CSS
What is the purpose of an ER-diagram in the development process?4/28/2023
Let's discuss in general terms what an ER diagram is and what it is used for.
From concept to MVP11/18/2022
In this article, you will learn, by example, how to move from a concept to an MVP without unnecessary complications in the functionality of the product
What are UML diagrams used for?5/23/2023
In this article we will talk about what UML diagrams are, what they are and where they are used
Introduction to writing the terms of references1/31/2023
The Terms of Reference are an important part of the development process. In this article, we will begin to dive into this issue.
Introduction to software development10/10/2022
Today, most companies are faced with IT development and often do not get what they want. In this article, we begin to dive into the process of creating IT solutions.
From idea to concept10/27/2022
In this publication, we will talk about how the idea differs from the concept. Let's do this with an example of a specific goal
In this article, we will get acquainted with weighted graphs, Dijkstra's algorithm, and its implementation in the Rust programming language.
Development Process: Planning8/16/2023
In this publication, we will begin to consider the development process. Let's start with the planning process.