<BackWhat is the difference between outsourcing development and outstaffing an IT employee for development?10/17/2022
In this article, we will understand what outsourcing and outstaff development are. There is a third option - the formation of an IT department, but it pulls on a separate cycle of publications, so I will omit this topic in this article.
Outsourcing is when you hire an IT team, a company, or a freelancer to solve your IT task, for example, to develop a mobile application designed to optimize the wholesale procurement process of your company.
Outstaffing is when an IT team or a company provides you with its employee(s) under your management, but without employment in your company's staff.
The main pros and cons of outsourcing
1. An integrated approach to solving your problem. Both the client application will be created, and the server application will also be promoted.
2. No need to control the processes. The tasks are from you, the solution is from the performer, and everything in between is not your headache, but at the preparatory stage, you will still have to actively participate.
3. If someone leaves the development team, you will not have to look for a replacement, it falls on the shoulders of the outsourcing company/team.
1. Attention is distributed among all clients. If a company has 10 clients and one account manager, then communication will be scattered. Agree, it's hard to distribute attention to 10 clients at once.
2. It is unclear how the price is formed and what is embedded in it. Some performers are incredibly inflating their checks, and some cannot even soberly assess the cost of their services.
3. You cannot actively influence the development process. Most often, the outsourcer opposes you to get involved in his business processes, so you just have to receive reports on the work done and patiently wait for the result.
The main pros and cons of outstaffing
1. Control over the activities of the contractor. The person comes at your complete disposal. The whole process from setting the task to controlling the execution is entrusted to you.
2. There is no need to worry about contributions to various funds. Removes accounting red tape from you. You pay the fee of an outstaff employee of the company that provided it.
3. There is no need to diligently check the competence of the employee. The guarantor, in this case, is the company that provides it.
1. Solving a limited number of tasks. You hire a person to solve a specific task, for example, to work on a section of a mobile application. He won't do anything else but that.
2. The complexity of integration into the workflow of your business. It is necessary to lay down time for adaptation and training in the use of internal systems of the enterprise.
There is another common disadvantage - most often companies and outstaff workers work for money, not for the idea of your product or business, so motivation and involvement may be low.
In which cases outsourcing is suitable, and in which outstaffing?
Outsourcing is optimal in most cases, especially when you start development from scratch and you don't have your own IT department.
Outstaffing is more suitable for cases when you already have your own IT department and you want to temporarily expand it to solve some task.
Before choosing a performer format for your IT solution, it is important to rationally evaluate your goals. For example, if you are opening a full-cycle IT company, then creating an IT department is suitable for you, if you need to create an MVP of a project, then outsourcing development is suitable, and if you already have a charged IT department or have a product in which you know what pool of tasks you need to perform, then it is suitable outstaffing.
About graphs, simply.12/18/2022
In this article, we will begin our acquaintance with graphs, get acquainted with the breadth-first search algorithm (BFS) and implement the graph in the Rust programming language.
UI/UX design: The creation process4/9/2023
In this article we will talk about the main steps in the process of creating UI/UX design.
UI/UX design: Introduction3/29/2023
In this article, we begin to get acquainted with UI / UX design. This is the most important stage in the development of any visual application interface.
Meet the Pentest8/22/2022
We are beginning to consider one of the main methods of assessing the security of computer systems and networks for potential vulnerabilities - penetration testing
Reducing the implementation period of MVP12/8/2022
Let's figure out the timing of the implementation of the MVP.
Choosing a programming language3/17/2023
In this article we will talk about choosing a programming language to study
Testing an MVP concept1/9/2023
We will figure out how not to waste the budget on MVP development in vain
Application Architecture Design: Introduction3/6/2023
In this article, we will talk about the process of creating the architecture of an IT solution.
The terms of references: Structure2/17/2023
In this publication we will consider the universal structure of ToR
Incorrect estimation of the cost of IT contractor services9/10/2022
Today we will talk about the incorrect assessment of the cost of developing IT solutions. This pain is one of the main ones for enterprises and startups, including IT contractors themselves.
Introduction to Design Patterns in Software Development10/3/2022
In this article, we will begin to dive into the world of optimizing application architecture using design patterns.
Choosing the direction of development for programming training2/5/2023
In this article, you will find out what areas of IT development there are, how they differ and in which they pay more
OSI Model Levels9/6/2022
In this article, we will take a closer look at each of the levels of the OSI model
Main types of application architecture3/7/2023
In this publication, we will look at what application architectures are
10 ways to use Rust Cargo2/11/2023
In this short article I have collected 10 ways to use the build system and package manager of the Rust programming language
Documenting code in the Rust programming language8/24/2022
In this article, we will look at how documentation takes place in Rust and consider a very useful opportunity - writing tests through documentation.
Introduction to the OSI model8/19/2022
In this article we begin to consider the fundamental model of network interaction - OSI
CSS animation ripple8/31/2022
A simple example of how to implement ripple animation using HTML and CSS
What is the purpose of an ER-diagram in the development process?4/28/2023
Let's discuss in general terms what an ER diagram is and what it is used for.
From concept to MVP11/18/2022
In this article, you will learn, by example, how to move from a concept to an MVP without unnecessary complications in the functionality of the product
What are UML diagrams used for?5/23/2023
In this article we will talk about what UML diagrams are, what they are and where they are used
Introduction to writing the terms of references1/31/2023
The Terms of Reference are an important part of the development process. In this article, we will begin to dive into this issue.
Introduction to software development10/10/2022
Today, most companies are faced with IT development and often do not get what they want. In this article, we begin to dive into the process of creating IT solutions.
From idea to concept10/27/2022
In this publication, we will talk about how the idea differs from the concept. Let's do this with an example of a specific goal
In this article, we will get acquainted with weighted graphs, Dijkstra's algorithm, and its implementation in the Rust programming language.
Why does a VPN business need?9/27/2022
In this article, we will look at how you can secure access to enterprise cloud resources using a VPN